Goals of the Delhi Campus Child Care Center, Inc.:
To encourage parents in their efforts to pursue an education, continue their work, or take some quality time to care for themselves.
To support parents in their parenting roles by offering resources, providing information and providing opportunities for sharing experiences.
To communicate relevant information to parents regarding program, daily activities, and ideas for home through individual room notices, personal contacts, bulletin boards or center newsletters.
To address each child’s progress and to coordinate the efforts of parents and the Center through periodic parent conferences and daily teacher/parent communication.
To provide parents with the Center’s guidelines and procedures. To help parents become familiar with this information and assume responsibility for that knowledge.
To notify parents in writing prior to any changes made in the Center’s guidelines and procedures.
Goals for the Program:
To provide a safe, secure, accepting and happy environment.
To provide an environment in which each child:
1. develops socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually at his/her own developmental ability
2. explores and discovers through play
3. develops a strong self respect
4. becomes aware of different cultures and backgrounds through art, music, books, etc.
5. fulfills his/her need to: belong, achieve, love, be loved
Goals for the Children:
To help children develop a healthy sense of self-esteem.
To encourage children to become independent so they become functioning, contributing members of society.
To respect children as individuals who have special needs, capabilities and potential.
To promote acceptance and respect for each other’s differences in order for the children to grow to be healthy, positive and caring people in a diverse society.
To provide opportunities for children to discover and be exposed and accepting of other people’s cultures and backgrounds.
To foster the social, emotional, mental and physical growth of each child by:
1. providing the children with a variety of creative experiences focusing on the process rather than the product.
2. encouraging the children to become more curious and aware of their environments
3. enhancing language and literacy development in the children