3 to 5 years
Children in the Pre-School Program range in age from 3 years old to 5 years old. The children are grouped according to age and developmental levels. The ratio of adult to child varies from 1:7 to 1:8 depending on age and group size. There are two preschool classes based on the developmental abilities and ages of the children. Each group has a teacher and assistant teacher. There is a 3rd assistant teacher who works with both preschool programs depending on the needs of the group.
- There must be an opening available in the Preschool Room.
- Child must be within two or three months of 3 years old.
- If able developmentally, the child should be able to use the toilet.
- If able developmentally, the child should be able to use silverware.
Transition to Pre-School
- The Toddler Room teacher discusses with parent the child’s readiness.
- Toddler Teacher will informally introduce Preschool Teacher to toddler’s parent(s).
- A meeting between Preschool Teacher and child’s parents will be arranged.
- The Preschool Teacher will visit the toddler in the Toddler Room.
- Toddler Teacher will visit the Preschool Room with the child on first day of transition.
- The child visits the Preschool Room without Toddler Teacher and stays in Preschool Room for as long as he/she is comfortable on second day of transition
- On the third day of transitioning, the child will spend the entire day in the Preschool Room.
- Transitioning from the Toddler Room to the Preschool Room will take approximately three days.