- At the diapering area, all the supplies needed for diapering a child (diapers, wipes, creams, etc.) are available and labeled with the child’s name. All supplies, except gloves, are provided by parent(s).
- Disposable gloves are used for all changing of diapers.
- The Infant Room staff follows these guidelines when diapering:
- When a child has “dirtied” his/her clothes, they are wrapped in a plastic bag and put in a cabinet out of the children’s reach. The clothing is given to the parent at pick up time . The infant is then dressed in his/her extra change of clothes.
- Infants are changed as necessary; in addition, all infants are checked every two hours as well as after eating, before and after naps, and before they depart for the day.
- All information pertaining to bowel movements, etc., is noted on each infant’s Daily Information Sheet.
The Infant Room staff use the following guidelines in hand washing.
- Upon entering the Infant Room
- After diapering, nose blowing and before preparing any food
- Before holding infants 3 months or younger
Children hands are washed:
- Wash as frequently as possible, since they spend much time on the floor
- Before and after giving medications
- Before and after meals
- After diapering; wipes may also be used at diaper changing
- After playing outside
- Before playing in water table
- Before leaving
- Toys in the Infant Room are sterilized daily and throughout the day as children use them.
- At the end of each day all the toys are washed, rinsed in a solution of Quat sanitizer and allowed to air dry.
- All the equipment that cannot be washed is sprayed or wiped with Quat sanitizer and allowed to air dry.
- At least once a week the stuffed animals and puppets are machine washed.